Please note that this product has been discontinued. The information contained on this page is for reference use only.
The MTL ExLAN is a simple and compact Intrinsically Safe (IS) 10/100Mbps Ethernet Interface intended to simplify OEM product design and certification.
The MTL ExLAN module can be integrated into your IS instrumentation design to power and communicate with the device over an IS Ethernet network. As well as providing the essential LAN interface, the module voltage clamps the equipment’s main supply rail together to ensure the Ethernet signals generated are limited to low intrinsically safe levels. It is fully compatible with PoExTM technology and our 9400 MTL IS Ethernet range.
- 10/100 BASE-T IS Ethernet Interface for standard Cat5e/Cat6 Ethernet cabling systems
- Compact design at 40mm x 40mm x 8mm for easy installation
- -40°C to +70°C operating temperature, designed for harsh environments
- Voltage clamping circuitry for increased safety
- Fully compatible with PoExTM (Power over IS Ethernet)
- Intrinsically safe ATEX / IECEx component certification