Please note that this product has been discontinued. The information contained on this page is for reference use only.
The 8455 software is one of the methods for configuring Profibus and Modbus Bus Interface Modules (BIMs) in an MTL Process I/O™ node. It runs on a PC, under the familiar WindowsTM operating system. The PC can be linked to the BIM using either a local cable link or via a secondary LAN connection, where available. The BIM is the interface between the I/O modules and the host controller, and must be configured to permit correct operation. The BIM needs to be told the identity of each I/O module fitted and values of relevent parameters. Parameters must also be defined for LAN communication with the host controller.
- Windows™ Explorer - style interface
- Used to configure Bus Interface Modules
- Local or remote configuration via LAN
- Dynamic viewing of real-time data
- Single project file for mulitple nodes