Barracuda 15 Workstation
Welcome to the NEXT GENERATION of ruggedised workstation...
The Azonix Barracuda 15 WS solves the industry’s need for a high performance computing platform that is both rugged and mobile enough to operate in extreme conditions. Many rugged mobile computers have failed under the same harsh conditions that the Azonix Barracuda is designed to thrive in.
Workstations and displays used in the oil and gas industry need to be transportable and flexible to mount in a variety of ways. With the Azonix Barracuda, customers have the versatility to configure and mount an array of units close together, providing access to multiple sources of information at one time.
The Azonix Barracuda 15 WS can be utilized in rig floor applications such as MWD / LWD, mudlogging or well stimulation in oil and gas operations where a display or workstation must be able to withstand harsh shock and vibration and meet hazardous area certification. The system’s small footprint and VESA hole pattern allows for easy mounting in space-constrained work areas, making it equally suitable for use in machine automation environments where a standalone system must be mountable to various surfaces, from a standard pedestal to a boom, pole or custom panel mounting.
The Barracuda can be utilized in applications such as Military C4 applications and oil and gas exploration, where a display or workstation must be able to withstand harsh shock and vibration or other rugged environmental factors.
The Barracuda Gen 2.0 standard system features includes:
- Standard Configuration: Celeron B810 or Optional Intel Core 2 i7 2.5 GHz processor
- Built-in high-gain wireless LAN
- Network-ready for Ethernet -- twisted pair, coax or fiber optic so you can "plug and play" within a variety of standard LAN and WAN cabling options
- Rugged and sealed cast aluminum enclosure
- NEMA 4 and IP66 rated for superior resistance to dust, dirt and liquids
- 15" LCD TFT, flat panel, active-matrix display with LED backlight
- Resistive Touch Screen or new, glass based projected capacitive
- Sunlight-readable LCD
- -40° C low-temperature option to +60° C operating temperature
- Rugged shock mounting resists vibration and shock while minimizing downtime and maintenance - Mil-STD-810G
- Locking military connectors standard
- Easy maintenance -- Mean time to repair (MTTR) for in-place board/device swaps is under 15 minutes
- Exceptional EMI/RFI resistance
- Backward compatible to previous generation Barracuda
- Windows 7® - compatible, numerous Application Program Interfaces (APIs) and software options
- Removable storage media (CF card or HDD)
- AC or DC sealed power supply
- System Memory - up to 8GB DRAM
- IECEx C1Z2 / ATEX Zone 2 rated / AEx approvals
View our on-line Azonix Barracuda 15 overview brochure
Watch the video:
This video introduces the second generation of the Azonix Barracuda 15 workstation. Learn how this ruggedised workstation, suitable for harsh and hazardous environments, and its enhanced features can help you to increase reliability and optimise productivity within your plant or rig processes. The Azonix Barracuda is built to take on the challenges of today's oil & gas industry and is certified for installation across the globe.